Thursday, November 20, 2008

Reappearance to your left

Wow, it's been a while since I've last made a post. I guess it's because I've been busy with not being busy. Maybe I should explain myself. Work and school have taking up most of my time. Other than that, I just tend to hang out and do nothing at all.

I've started using Google Reader to check up on all my tech sites. It's pretty nice, seeing as how most of the sites I check up on all use RSS feeds. While I was setting that up, I started looking up any and all other sites that I could add to the reader. Now I've got them divided between tech, phone, gaming, food, lifestyle and travel news. It's pretty awesome. And the best part is that I can still access it on my iPhone 3G. So, when I first wake up in the morning, I don't have to leave my bed to check up on all the news I usually do. I get to spend another hour or so laying in bed, :)

As usual, I'm sitting in Panera Bread in Fremont, Pacific Commons to be exact. I haven't been visiting as often for the past couple weeks. Then, I have this mad craving and next thing I know, I'm venturing here 3 times in the last couple of weeks. It's pretty weird. The people definitely know me now, if not by name, at least by face. The lady today was supposed to give everyone a small sample piece of their new holiday bread. She gave me two. Haha, I can't say for anyone else, but that makes me feel special. Also, one of the guys who makes the food knows me by name now and often asks me how my days going. So, as always, here's my plug for Panera Bread. It's a bakery and a cafe, so you get fresh baked goods with some nice sandwiches and soups to go along with it. The prices are reasonable and the environment is definitely one I approve. Lots of seating (unless you come at rush hour lunch), nice lighting, coffee house style music playing, and they offer free wi-fi. That's awesome. Many a day will you find me sitting in there munching on a sandwich or some awesome soup all the while busting out my laptop surfing the web. One of my favorite places to eat at, if not the world, then in Fremont.

Alrighty, enough of that. On to other news. Let's see. This fall is insanely filled with Smartphone releases. And they have one major goal. Try to live up to/match in entirety/overtake the iPhone 3G. Now, the iPhone 3g has been out since July, so they've had a few months or so to really tack on anything special they can to their products. Especially considering the amount of time they've had since the Original iPhone came out, they should have a product that matches up to the iPhone, if not totally killing it. Well, here's the major contender this fall from the top phone makers, in my eyes:

Nokia - Definitely they're N90 Series phone have always lived up to hype, like the new N96 Bruce lee edition(LOL) and they're new 5800 XpressMusic "Tube". I want an N96, they looked like great phones.

Samsung - They have their new Eternity, Behold, and the Omnia. I really like the Omnia, too bad we'll probably not be getting it's new incarnation, the T*Omnia.

Motorola - They've got the Q11, but that's all I really consider worth it. I'm sorry, but Motorola is really out of it.

Sony Ericsson - They've got the long awaited Xperia X1, the C905, and the G705. X1 and G705 both have touchscreens, while the 905 has a blistering 8 megapixel cam. The X1 and the G705 are teh sexy.

LG - They've had they're LG Vu on Verizon for some time now, new LG Incite looks pretty cool, and the very posh and very expensive LG Prada II. I'd pick up an Incite or, if heaven permits, a Prada II. Yowza.

Apple - Of course the iPhone 3G. My phone, the iPhone. Love it.

HTC - Now here's where it gets interesting. Touch Diamond, Touch Pro, Touch HD, and T-Mobile G1. All of these are great phones, the Touch's are using winmo with TouchFLO 3D and G1 is using Google's Android. The Diamond and HD are awesome, with the HD having a great screen. The Pro gives you a slider qwerty for you folks who love keys. As for the G1, it's touted so far as the only major contender for the iPhone. Who knows....

Blackberry - We get the new Bold which is quite awesome and Verizon getting the new Storm, it's first all touch phone which will really give the iPhone it's run for the money. Oh, and don't forget the Pearl Flip, BB's first foray into flip arena.

Yeah, it's a crazy time for phones to get. My personal picks?
Nokia's 5800 XpressMusic "Tube", Samsung's Omnia, Sony Ericsson's Xperia X1, LG Incite, Apple iPhone 3G, HTC Touch Pro and the G1, and the Blackberry Storm.
These are all great phones that should be available in the US with a carrier, which means subsidized for us peeps here. Yeah, we're still not used to paying full for phones, but we'll shell for monthly service.

Anyways, I'm gonna cut it here cause my post is starting to get a little long. Maybe next time guys.

and OUT.